Monday, January 7, 2008

Who is the man?

I interviewed for selling tickets for sports teams and events in Atlanta and Charlotte. The persons who interviewed me; one looked like the lucky troll with a bowl cut and the facial fuzz; the other try to be like Sandra Oh from Grey's Anatomy. But Sandra has charm despite her sloppiness; this interviewer was nervous and coy. Bottom line: bosses don't have to look good but the candidates better. I had hair on my ears, didn't shave in certain places, and my pemphigous started to mold up in my skull. I had to grease my hair to kill the medicine odor as well as shampoo. Hope it worked.

Both of the managers had the same patterns. Same question: What do you want to be 5 years from now? Where do you see yourself in this company? What do you bring to the company? Later, if I don't call you by 5:30 for a second interview: it isn't we don't like you but we think somebody else is better qualified.

On the second interview, a hotel manager insisted that I go back and check if I made the qualifications even if they didn't call back because people in Charlotte are kind of slow and there are many applicants.

When I went back to the office for a check back, the blond secretary said they would call back after a few hours but I told her my phone went dead and needed a charger: do you have one? (Where was MacKenzie- the brunette. It could have been fake but charming unlike the blond). She didn't. A guy with chapped lips went outside the building and another guy went into the office rooms to find "Mr. Troll". As I waited, another manager stepped in and said "Lucky" wasn't able to contact me because of the applicants and I didn't make the cut. I knew that going in because an applicant from the day before was taking to the managers when I came in.

I returned home to try to again. This time. I will ask the man instead of his followers!

No comments: